Join a fascinating tour of Simpsons’ Wine Estate, situated in the North Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Charles & Ruth Simpson have made award-winning wines at Domaine Sainte Rose, their stunning, southern French property, for the past 15 years. In 2014 they brought their expertise and savoir-faire back to the UK establishing Simpsons Wine Estate in Barham, Kent, with an aspiration to create the finest quality Method Traditional English sparkling wine.
The visit will begin with a walking tour of the ‘Roman Road’ vineyard, where you will learn how the vines are planted, trained, nurtured and harvested. You will then return to the winery, where you will be guided through the entire Method Traditional winemaking process, from the initial hand-picking and pressing of the grapes, to the final riddling and disgorgement of the finished product.
The first sparkling wines from the Estate will be released in 2018, but your tour will culminate in a very special tasting of wines from Domaine Sainte Rose, the Simpsons southern French Estate. These will be served alongside a charcuterie and cheese platter.
There will be a maximum of 25 people per tour.
Booking terms and conditions
- Pre booking required – please allow 24 hours for booking confirmation
- Guests must be over the age of 18 on the date of the tour booked.
- Credit card payment in full required upon booking confirmation
- Please be prompt for the start of your tour. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee late arrival access onto a later tour.
- Any wine purchased on the day can be delivered to a UK mainland address for a charge.
- 24 hours notice is required should you need to cancel the tour. We reserve the right to retain 50% of the tour price.
Please note the weather on the day of your tour and bring sturdy walking shoes, wellington boots and wet weather clothing as necessary.