Simpsons Wine Estate is seeking a hard working and energetic Assistant Winemaker to join its experienced team. Simpsons Wine Estate comprises of 30 hectares of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier vines in Barham, near Canterbury with the potential to produce 300,000 bottles of English sparkling and still wine per year. The Estate has a very creative approach to winemaking and will be launching 2 new sparkling wines and a range of 5 brand new still wines in 2019. This is an exciting time to join this fast growing business.
The successful candidate for the Assistant Winemaker position will report to the Head Winemaker and will:
- have a winemaking qualification and previous experience as Assistant Winemaker or Cellarhand
- hold a proficiency certificate for forklift operation
- have a clean driving licence and their own transport.
- exude a strong team-working ethos, as well as the ability to quickly adapt to new tasks.
- be competent in a broad range of winery duties, including filtration and preparation of wines for tirage or still wine bottling, stacking, loading and unloading of riddling cages and gyropalettes, disgorgement and labelling and packaging of finished goods
- have strong Excel spread sheet and computer skills to manage winery records, stock management and all winemaking administration.
- be flexible in working extended hours when necessary, for example, during the harvest period.
- be open to assisting with the harvest at the Simpsons sister estate in the Languedoc.
- Salary will be commensurate with previous experience
For further details and to apply for the post, please contact the Leigh Sparrow – email: firstname.lastname@example.org